1. How can I get enrolled for the UNV Programme?
By applying online one.unv.org/main/
2. Is there an age limit for volunteers?
Candidates must be at least 25 years of age.
3. How long does it take to be assigned as a UN Volunteer?
The waiting period can vary from two months to two years. You will be informed as soon as your application has been selected for a UNV post. Please note that inclusion on the roster of candidates does not guarantee a UNV assignment.
4. Is it possible to request to work in a specific country?
No. Candidates are welcomed to submit preferences for developing countries they believe they are most suitable for, but volunteer assignments are made primarily based on the best match between a country's needs and a volunteer's skills.
5. What is the usual duration of a UNV contract?
From 1 to 2 years; sometimes contract can be extended though.
6. What is the average salary for UNV services?
UNV allowance range (please not that UNV receive an allowance, not a salary) is from 1500 USD to about 2500 USD a month; it depends on the duty station.
7. What are life conditions usual life and work conditions for the UNVs?
"Normal" ones; UNVs work within UNDP/ other UN agencies, which means their life and working conditions are more or less the ones of UN staff.
For more information please have a look at: UNV Global Site